- This policy covers how SJCAA treats personal information that SJCAA collects and receives, including information related to your past use of SJCAA services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, phone number and other personal information related to your past history in St. John's College, HKU, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that SJCAA does not own or control, or to people that SJCAA does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- SJCAA collects personal information when you register with SJCAA, when you use SJCAA services, when you visit SJCAA pages or the pages of certain SJCAA partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. SJCAA may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, occupation, industry, and personal interests. For some financial products and services we may also ask for your address, Social Security number, and information about your assets. Once you register with SJCAA and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- SJCAA automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, SJCAA cookie information, and the page you request.
- SJCAA uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- SJCAA does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with SJCAA under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help SJCAA communicate with you about offers from SJCAA and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- SJCAA displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria - for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- SJCAA does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- SJCAA advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
- SJCAA may set and access SJCAA cookies on your computer.
- SJCAA lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to SJCAA's cookies.
- SJCAA uses web beacons to access SJCAA cookies inside and outside our network of web sites and in connection with SJCAA products and services.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your SJCAA Account Information, including your marketing preferences, at any time.
- New categories of marketing communications may be added to the Marketing Preferences page from time to time. Users who visit this page can opt out of receiving future marketing communications from these new categories or they can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the SJCAA service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the SJCAA Newsletter, that are considered part of your SJCAA account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
- You can deactivate your SJCAA account by sending a written notice to SJCAA. Your information will remain in our archived records after your account has been deactivitated.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you.
- Your SJCAA Account Information is password-protected.
- SJCAA may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your SJCAA account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
- If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us at: